The following is a breakdown of some key points to remember to help you with understanding some of the basic principles to fat loss success.
Key points to remember:
- Meat is on average 22% protein. So 100g meat equals approximately 22g of protein.
- The first 60g of protein that you eat will go to detoxifying your body and increasing your immune system. So, if you’re looking to shed fat and increase your muscle tone then only after having eaten more than 60g of protein does it start to help you with muscle tone or muscle gain.
- Eating protein helps to regulate insulin, putting you in fat burning mode. Reducing carbohydrate consumption forces your body to use body fat as a primary energy source rather than using carbs as a primary energy source.
- The body stores carbs in the form of glycogen (a form of glucose) primarily in the muscles and in the liver. Eating carbs regularly will fill up these stores and once it is full the body will turn it to body fat as there’s nowhere else to store it. Combining a specific exercise routine designed to burn fat with a nutrition plan customized to use up the glycogen stores to encourage fat burning will deplete the glycogen stores. This then forces the body to find an alternate energy source – body fat. Therefore, rendering the body into a fat burning machine.
- The first thing you put in your mouth in the morning will dictate your food choices for the rest of the day. Have carbs and you’ll spike your insulin. What goes up must come down. Your body will naturally be craving carbs to bring that insulin back up so you’ll be more likely to want to eat carbs again which will promote fat storing.
Can fat loss be targeted?
Leave A Comment